Employee State Insurance Corporation or ESIC is a self-financing social security and health insurance scheme which provides medical benefit, sickness benefit, maternity benefit
GET STARTED AT
6,999 (All Inclusive)
SAVE 30% COST!!!
Easy monthly EMI options available
* Price will vary based on city
Who Has To Obtain ESIC Registration?
- Any factory or business establishment having 10 or more than 10 employees, irrespective of salary, have to register with ESIC.
- ESI contributions must be made for all employees having a salary of less than Rs 21,000 per month.
- Employees with less than Rs. 21,000 monthly wages get health and sickness benefits through this statutory scheme.
- In this scheme, employer’s contribution is 4.75% and an employee must contribute 1.75% for ESI.
- An organization having all the employees monthly wages of over Rs.21,000, then the organization would have to file an NIL return. Following industries are required to obtain coverage under ESIC
Documents Required For ESIC Registration
- Registration Certificate or License issued under Shops and Establishment Act or Factories Act, if available.
- Memorandum and Articles of Association or Partnership Deed or Trust Deed, depending upon the constitution of the ownership of the establishment.
- Certificate of commencement of production and/or Registration No. of CST/ST, if available.
- Month wise employment position, salary etc.
- List of Partners or Directors
- PAN Card and Address Proof of the Factory/Firm/Establishment
- Evidence in support of the date of commencement of production /business
- Copy of bank statement
Basic Procedure Of ESIC Registration
The factory or establishment can apply for registration by submitting as Employer’s Registration Form (Form-01).
- The organization will get an identification number called the code number. The code number is a 17 digit unique identification number.
- At the time of registration, the Employee is required to fill in Form – I and submit a family photo in duplicate to the employer.
- This document must be submitted by the Employer to the ESI Office. The employee is then allotted an insurance number and issued a temporary identity card for availing medical benefits for him/herself and his/her family.
- Thereafter, a permanent identity card is issued, which can be used by the employee even after transferring jobs.
- Companies under ESIC coverage must file the annual return. They must show the changes if any during the preceding year.
- Return of contributions enclosing copy of all ESI contributions paid must be submitted once every six months.
Organizations under ESIC Registration must maintain the following records:
File containing all monthly challans & returns submitted.